Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Review: Scoring off the Field

Scoring off the Field Scoring off the Field by Naima Simone
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was my first novel by Ms. Simone and it won’t be my last. Even though this is the second book in the WAGS series, I read it as a standalone and was not lost at all. It does, however, make me want to read the first book in the series now!!

Tenny (Tennison) and Dom have been friends ever since they met as kids in the foster care system in Dayton, OH. Now the pair live in Seattle and have stayed as close as friends as possible. Tenny is even PA to Dom, since his career with the professional football team requires complete focus. But Tenny has decided it’s time to move on. She’s been in love with Dom for as far back as she can remember and can no longer sit by while he dates supermodels, actresses, etc. Giving him her notice is the first step into breaking away from him, or so she thinks. She’s thankful to Dom for all he’s done for her, including helping to pay for her college education and moving her to WA with him.

Dom’s not ready to let go of his best friend and refuses to accept any of the candidates for her position that she finds. He doesn’t understand why she wants to leave the job and has no clue that she’s been in love with him for years (even though she did drunkenly confess it to him, but she explained the next morning that it was the alcohol talking).

What a great friends to lover story!! I cried, I laughed, I wanted to beat each of them over the head a few times. The writing is so good, and Ms. Simone has a way of pulling you directly into the story. You won’t want to leave and hate the eviction notice when you read “The End”. I can’t wait to read more by this author!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment