Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Review: Fruit of Misfortune

Fruit of Misfortune Fruit of Misfortune by Nely Cab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second book in the Creatura series and book 1 (Creatura) needs to be read first. Isis has found out the truth about herself and what she really is. Traveling with David to Greece, Isis sets out to locate her biological father and get information from him.

While in Greece, Isis becomes gravely ill and needs treatment. New characters are introduced, doctors, gangsters, and new gods and goddesses, bringing new concerns for not only Isis and David, but also for David’s family as well.

This story has sucked me in and kept me reading late. I wanted to know what was going to happen next in Isis’s world. My only issue was the maturity level of David. He’s been around for a very long time (not going to give anything away), but he acts like a child sometimes and it’s frustrating given that he is a god. I can forgive Isis some of her immaturity because she’s just graduated high school. That’s the reason for the 4 stars. The writing is good, and I love the addition of some of the new characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment