Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Review: Creatura

Creatura Creatura by Nely Cab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

High School senior Isis has had nightmares for a long time now and nothing seems to be helping her. While in one of her nightmares, she talks to the man that seems to be in a lot of them and dares him to prove himself. The very next day there’s a new student at her small school and it’s him. This leads her to a lot of self-discovery, a new love, and learning the truth about humans, demons, and gods.

This was an interesting start to a really good series. There were times when I got a bit bogged down in it and felt there might have been a bit too much of the descriptions and that’s the reason for the four stars. This is the first story I’ve read by Ms. Cab, but I can tell you that by the end I was hooked and needed the second book. Luckily for me, this series seems to be completed and I was able to start on the second book (Fruit of Misfortune).

The writing is really good. I loved the mix of characters, from gods and goddesses who’s names are recognizable, new to us gods and goddesses, and the friends of Isis (humans). The story flows along at a pretty good pace and before you realize it, the story is done. If you’re a fan of YA fantasy, I definitely recommend this book. Even if you aren’t a young adult, you will enjoy this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment