Saturday, January 16, 2016

Review: True Calling

True Calling True Calling by Siobhan Davis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

***** April's 5 Star Review ***** 5 Dreams and Screams

Welcome to Novo: Your new home in Space

For Ariana Skyee, Planet Novo was everything it promised to be until the authorities introduced "The Calling" as their response to repopulation. Now, all seventeen-year-olds are to participate in this Bachelor-style pageant to find their perfect match, marry, and have children.

But that’s not Ariana’s only concern. Thanks to the government-sanctioned memory erase, she has no recollection of Zane, the mystery boy who haunts her dreams. Things are further complicated when the pageant commences and her feelings for fellow Cadet Cal Remus intensify. Together, they start to realize not everything about their new home is as it seems.

Entangled in a dangerous web of deceit, Ariana sets out to identify the truth. Conflicted over warnings that Cal isn’t trustworthy and alarmed at the government's increasing interest in her, she doesn’t know where to turn. But her search for the truth comes at a high personal price. When her world implodes, discovering the past shapes her future with devastating consequences.

TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS. ONE SHARED DREAM.

I really enjoyed this book so much, it was a lot of fun and interesting book. I got hooked on the very first page. It was also a fast paced book. I thought that Ari was great. I loved that she wouldn't take crap from people, and she was so fun to read about.She is a very strong young woman who has to be both sister and mom to her younger siblings when tragedy strikes. And Zane was my absolute favorite guy and who I am rooting for to wind up with Ari. Cal, I'm having a hard time figuring out if he can be trusted or not. Do I think he is a good guy? Maybe. Do I want him to be the one for Ari. No. I think the right person is out there for him. I can't wait to read more of this serious and more from Siobhan! This book is out of this world!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment