Sunday, February 18, 2018

Review: Icing on the Cake

Icing on the Cake Icing on the Cake by Ann Marie Walker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book two in the Wild Weddings series. I have not read the first story, and it isn’t a necessity to in my opinion, before you start this one. This story is listed as a standalone in the series but does refer to things that happen in the first book.

When playboy Crown Prince Henry travels to Georgia to attend the wedding of his college roommate, he decides that he doesn’t want the residents to know who he truly is. He changes his name to Hank and only brings a couple of security officers with him, including his head of security.

While trying to find his B&B, he meets Cassie. Cassie is in the middle of opening her own bakery in Chicago but has dropped everything to do the baking for her brother’s wedding. She’s taken over a local bakery to get this done. When Henry walks in looking completely lost and asking for help, Cassie steps up and helps. Sparks immediately fly between the two and the ever-careful Cassie makes a rash decision (for her) and the two have a wild night together. The next day Hank finds out that the woman who’s name he doesn’t even know, is the sister to his friend.

I was surprised by this story and in a good way. The writing was great, the characters were real and flawed, no cookie cutter heroine here. I think that my favorite character out of all of them is Olivia and I really need to know her whole story, so I will be checking out the first book in this series, ‘Black Tie Optional’.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment