Saturday, December 10, 2016

Review: The Vampire's Mail Order Bride

The Vampire's Mail Order Bride The Vampire's Mail Order Bride by Kristen Painter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was not my first trip to Nocturne Falls, I stumbled upon a short story earlier this year in an anthology and I knew that I needed to investigate further. Delaney James headed back to work one night after leaving her apron there and witnesses a brutal crime. While escaping, she stumbles into a storefront which houses a dating service. She makes a snap decision and takes on the identity of one of the women that is being sent to Nocturne Falls. Showing up early with some clothes and her cat, she takes the place of the bride to be. What she didn’t know, is that her intended is a centuries old vampire who doesn’t know that his grandmother set this all up.
Once there, she keeps the charade as long as she can. Her intended, Hugh, has secrets of his own and neither is willing to open up at first. When Delaney’s old life suddenly comes back to haunt her, will Hugh step up and protect her?
I was intrigued from the start. I love these kind of stories, part paranormal, part comedy. The town of Nocturne falls is full of mythical creatures, from Vampires, to Witches, Werewolves, to Gargoyles. I can’t wait to explore more of the town and the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment