Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Review: When I'm With You

When I'm With You When I'm With You by Harper Sloan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Sass,” he warns. “Just like your mom. Just like your sister. I’m surrounded by fucking sass.”
I finished this book this morning. While reading it, my mind went through so many thoughts. I’ve always been a Cage gal myself but I think Nate just turned me into a Reid gal! Even now hours later I’m wishing there was more to their story. It’s was a tug and pull of the emotions. I loved how it was a bit more different then what everyone is use to with this CS Family. I have to say Harper; you’ve finally done it… Made me fall head over heels in love for a new CS Family man. I’m just not even sure how you did it.

“Bending down so my eyes are level with hers, I give in to the possessive need to claim her. “You were fucking born to be mine, little firecracker, and mine you will fucking be.” My words coming out in a thick rumble, and I watch in satisfaction as her pupils dilate. Check. Fucking. Mate. Her”

Emberkyn Locke has been in love with Nate Reid for as long as she can remember. She decided when she turned 18 and just graduating from high school, to confess her feeling to him. She was left with a broken heart and from that day on avoided Nate any way she possibly could.

“In his arms, I know that no matter what,
as long as I'm with him,
we can win any fight that is in our path.”

Nate Reid has loved Emberlyn longer then he was even aware of. When she confessed her feeling for him, he broke her heart and as well as his own. He was only doing what he thought was right. Every day she was always in the back of his mind, trying the get back to front and center.

“One that screams I, Dirty Dog himself, only find my pleasure from my Ember. My firecracker.”

Three years later Nate is working at the CS office like expected but is also opening your not so average night club. Emberlyn thanks to her group of friends’ sorry family attends opening night for her 21st birthday. Nate has already decided before Ember even walked in that now that he has got his life going the way we want it’s time to make her his.

“You were fucking born to be mine, little firecracker, and mine you will fucking be.”

They both have dreams; question is… Are their dreams the same? Will Maddox Locke let his little girl go? Is Nate the Alpha male you are expecting? So many questions so few answers I can give. I supposed you will have to read to find out.

“Keep following your heart, Ember. Follow it—me—and let me worry about guiding the way. Allow me to prove to you that I’m worthy of you giving me your love back.”

This book reminded me why I love the CS family so much… Harper as always you did an amazing job. With each story, each couple gets their own twist and turns. My heart hhurts because it’s over. Nate and Ember will be one I will re-read just as I do the Cage men. With that being said I want to thank Harper for writing such an amazing story. Now after all this I have to sit and wait not so very patiently I shall add so I can see what happens next!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment