Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Interview with Rebecca Royce


Welcome all.
Today I’m very lucky to be interviewing Rebecca Royce author of Reclaiming Their Love (Wings of Artemis 4)


DNSB- Hi Rebecca Royce, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Author- Well, I am a NYC girl living in Austin, Texas. I have three kids, a husband, two dogs and two cats. I’m a Broadway show fanatic. I love all things science fiction.
I write all different genres of romance, this book is paranormal-science fiction and reverse harem. 


DNSB- Which writers inspire you?
Author-  Oh wow, well within Reverse Harem I have to say CL Stone, Ripley Proserpina, and Jane Washington

DNSB- What are you working on at the minute?
Author- A stand alone book that features witches. 

DNSB- Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Author-  Felicity Jones

DNSB- When did you decide to become a writer?
Author- I’ve always been writing. I wrote my first book in 4th grade. Its pretty much all I’ve wanted to do. 

DNSB- Do you write on a typewriter, computer, dictate or longhand?
Author- My laptop. 

DNSB- Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Author- I just prefer to see where the ideas take me. 

DNSB- Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors.
Author- Oh constantly.  Right now I’m reading Finding Valor by Ripley Proserpina. It’s amazing. 

DNSB- Do you think that giving books away free works and why?
Author- Sometimes.  I’m never sure what works. 

DNSB- How do you relax?
Author- Hot baths, red wine, and a great meal. 

DNSB- What is your favorite book and why?
Author- I re-read CL Stone’s Ghost Bird series when I need comfort. So I think all the books in that series. 

DNSB- What is your favorite quote?
Author- Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad?-Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

DNSB- What is your favorite movie and why?
Author- Defending Your Life.  It just makes me feel really good about the possibilities of life. 

DNSB- Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Author- Oh, wow. Tom Hiddleston because, well, Tom Hiddleston. 

DNSB- What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Author- Keep writing. Write every day

DNSB- Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Author-  Hopefully doing what I am doing now with more visibility. 

DNSB- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Author- I would love to fly. 

DNSB- What secret talents do you have?
Author- Oh wow, I don’t think I have any. 

DNSB- Where is one place you want to visit that you haven't been before?
Author- Italy

DNSB- What is something you want to accomplish before you die?
Author- I’d like to travel more. 

DNSB- What does your writing process look like?
Author- I just sit down and do it. 

DNSB- What do you consider to be your best accomplishment?
Author- My children are amazing.  I think seeing them become who they are is my best accomplishment. 

DNSB- What is your least favorite part of the publishing / writing process?
Author- Marketing! I’m bad at them. 

DNSB- Is there a certain type of scene that's harder for you to write than others? Love? Action? Racy?
Author- No, at this point I’m pretty comfortable with all of it. 

DNSB- Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Author- To push through the hard parts. 

DNSB- Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.
Author- My writer friends. 

DNSB- Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Author- No, because I have written a paragraph.  LOL

DNSB- Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Author- No, I love the whole progress. 

DNSB- What book are you reading now?
Author- Finding Valor by Ripley Proserpina

DNSB- What are your current projects?
Author- A stand alone books about witches

DNSB- What is your favorite theme/genre to write about?
Author- Paranormal or Science Fiction Romance

DNSB- While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
Author- No

DNSB- Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Author- Everyone should check out Ripley Proserpina

DNSB- How can readers discover more about you and you work?
Author- 
Website: www.rebeccaroyce.com
Blog: www.blogspot.rebeccaroyce.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorrebeccaroyce/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/rebeccaroyce
Lnkedin:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-royce-6997029/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/rebeccaroyce/
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2nzo9lJ
Book Links: (* American, UK, etc.)
https://www.books2read.com/reclaimingtheirlove
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3005246.Rebecca_Royce 


DNSB- Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Author-  No thank you for the interview! 

DNSB- Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.
Author- Thanks for having me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment